Connections is a free, volunteer project that has been
successful because of the participation of so many
researchers and families.
respect to copyright and privacy issues, we ask that
you only submit photos that were taken before 1930.
If you are going to scan photos or have someone scan photos for you, please follow these steps:
Photographs in an album or other layout in which they
are particularly arranged, should be submitted in
original order. Context clues will otherwise be lost.
(2) Scan all photos in a full color setting, not in grayscale or black and white.
(3) Scan all photos at the highest quality setting, ideally at least 600 dpi (if necessary you can use 300 dpi, but please no smaller).
(4) Writing or photographer stamps on the back of the photos should be scanned as well so that your photo can be correctly documented.
(5) Save each photo as a tiff file (or if desired, a jpg file at the highest quality setting, ideally 100%).
(6) Do not alter the size or allow your email to shrink the photo when sending.
that photos not meeting these requirements may not be
able to be used in the Greene County, Pennsylvania
Photo Archives Project.***
***Due to volunteer time, we may not be able to post every photo that is submitted. We apologize for any inconvenience.***
compiled on a volunteer basis for free access. Data sources
documented whenever possible.
Contributors credited for shared information. Created by Candice Buchanan.
Copyright © 2003-2011 Greene Connections. All rights reserved.